Sunday, October 21, 2007

GRM

When I next revisit Oshii's work as a whole (perhaps to write a follow-up to Stray Dog of Anime), I'm really going to need to pay more attention to GRM. It's a CG project that was originally going to follow Ghost in the Shell, but it never came to be, although much of its look and feel was turned into what became Avalon.

There's some information on this project floating around the web (in particular, check out the old official website through Archive.org), and more has been written in Japanese in some of the books on Oshii I have on my bookshelf.

Anyway, this post was prompted by some interesting GRM footage I stumbled across on YouTube:

1 comment:

cemenTIMental said...

Great find, thanks for that! I remember finding and being obsessed with the GRM site back in college...I later assumed it just became Avalon but interesting to see that they evidently did quite a bit of stuff on it in its own right...