Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Oshii and Murphy's Irish Stout: Last Orders CM

I was just checking out Oshii's IMDB listing a couple of days ago and noticed an entry I had never seen before -- a commercial called "Murphy's Irish Stout: Last Orders." Oshii made a commercial in the late 1990s? How had this previously escaped my attention?

However, I couldn't find much to back up the assertion that Oshii was involved in this project. The official Production IG listing for the commercial just lists Hiroyuki Kitakubo as director with character design and animation by Kazuchika Kise. (The Production IG 15th anniversary book lists the same scant info for the commercial.) I can't find any other print resource in Japanese or English that associates Oshii with this commercial.

So I'm pretty that Oshii didn't have anything to do with the "Murphy's Irish Stout: Last Orders" commercial.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am uploading the Murphy's Irish Stout Tv Spot onto You Tube tonight. my name on the tube is Ornicopter. Draw your own conclusions there after I'm afraid, as I cannot confirm this is or is not absolutly the work of Mamoru Oshii.....
Hope this helps, sorry only a VHS transfer.